I have one more quilt finished, a present for my friend's son. I just randomly picked this design after making a bunch of half square triangles and it went together really well - I especially love the orange binding and I quilted it with yellow thread :) Since I'm lacking any better suggestions or ideas, I'm calling it 'Diagonal Stripes HST Quilt' - thanks Kristastitched! (before you judge and think she's not creative - hahaha - go check out her blog, especially the DP layouts she did recently!!)




I love these fun boy fabrics too!

So that's another one down, now just three more quilts to make before Christmas??!

So glad I have Janine at Rainbow Hare Quilts keeping me on track with Making Christmas:

Photobucket

Here's how my list is shaping up:
1) A purple quilt - I'm following the Drunkard's Path Quilt Along Done! See here
2) A purple and turquoise quilt - this will be the palette for my Dead Simple Quilt Along (pictures and more on that soon!) Done! See here
3) A baby quilt for my friend's son Done! See above ;)

4) A red Christmas dress for the little girl! - Really NOT going to happen unless I can find a super easy pattern I can do in one evening?!
5) At least two stuffed toys - Probably not going to happen either!
6) 2 pouches Done! See here and actually I made four in total! (ok maybe more, but that's a surprise for people who might be reading!)
7) Oven gloves Done! See here
8) and maybe a quilt for me! :) - Not before Christmas but this is definitely my next project!
9) Two quilts for my nieces, using Terrain charm packs - Done all the cutting but no sewing yet!
10) Does Not Compute quilt - this wasn't originally on the list but I'm determined to get this one done. Oh yes, the boy will have this by Christmas (I hope!)

Lots more of this kind of thing!
Other things I've made this weekend... I got sick of the 'box' that came with the basting pins I use. Plastic and just rubbish. It kept coming open and they'd spill everywhere, then I remembered that I can now make zip pouches! So I did:

I did manage to get those corners pushed out a bit more after poking them with a big knitting needle :)


I also made my third Blogger's BOM block. You can get instructions for this block at Loft Creations and you can join the QAL by clicking on the button on the right :)



I'm much happier with where this is going now! I like those 3 blocks together - no actual plan with what I'll do with this one when it's done but since it'll be towards the end of next year I'll probably give it to someone for Christmas and give myself a head start!!

If you're making your way through a list or want to share your Christmas makes head over to Rainbow Hare Quilts and join in the linky party :)